Most people across the world would definitely identify the Technicolor, Rainbow-Hued apple as the classic logo belonging to Steve Job’s forward thinking company, Apple Computers (the company did not adopt the simpler Apple, Inc name until January 2007). From 1976 to 1998 the company utilized Ron Janoff’s signature apple logo creation as their branding emblem on all their products until they later toned it down to a monochrome apple.
Recently Mashable, the web’s largest independent news site, compiled Apples Top 10 Awesome Accessories featuring or inspired by the Apple rainbow logo. It seems as Apple’s technology continues to move forward, more and more people are longing for the company’s vintage logo image. And perhaps, with the loss of Steve Jobs, maybe people are creating and purchasing these items to remember his contribution to our new digital world.
These items include everything from stickers for the back of your car or the back of your iPhone to Apple cuff links. Now let’s be serious here, Mr. Jobs grew into being the “Man in Black” – ala mock turtle neck and would have never donned Apple cuff links. However, Steve Wozniak his Apple co-creator just might have tried to make a fashion statement with these geek inspired cuff links. You just can’t be too sure about Steve W.
There is also the Apple mouse pad, but with the dawn of the iPad… who is using a mouse pad? I guess it would make sense to buy these suckers up as investments for the future, because decades from now, mouse pads could be viewed as this generation’s eight track tape player.
As it turns out, the most expensive item on the Mashable list is a Jobs portrait created by former Apple designer Susan Kare. Supposedly produced using MacPaint on an original Macintosh computer while Steve Jobs posed, these number / signed prints are going for $89 and if he truly sat for their creation then they might be worth the investment.
If you’re interested in learning more about creating an iconic logo image like the rainbow apple consider contacting us to learn more about our contest-sourced professional logo design system.
- My name does not have to appear in the logo. I apologize if I didn't mention that originally. Rebound 4 Success is the main thing that I want to stand out.Something catchy, exciting, creative with a concept that is easy to grasp. Our corporate colors are blue and orange. My brand is that of a coach, educator and speaker. I'm looking for a logo that will feature my tag line and highlight my brand in the same breath. This particular logo would go on a t-shirt or laptop stickers,luggage tags, buttons, bookma […]
- Timeless Homes and Development, Inc.Cutting edge, timeless logo, neat, clean, artsy! Focus to be on the Timeless Homes. A logo that is unforgettable. Catchy colors. […]
- Brenton Realty GroupI want the "BRENTON REALTY" larger than the word "Group" I also want to incorporate the acronym BRG in the logo which stands for "Brenton Realty Group." USe BRG247.com which is the email/website address. Clean Clear and Easy to read. Luxury looking would be nice, with a strong presence. I like the colors Red Black and White, Blu […]
- Members OnlyThis contest is "members only". Please log into your account to view details. […]
- Senior SupplyI would like to have a logo that I can use as a stand alone stamp (see image). Maybe an "SS". Just be creative, you may change my mind. […]
- My name does not have to appear in the logo. I apologize if I didn't mention that originally. Rebound 4 Success is the main thing that I want to stand out.
- No public Twitter messages.